Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Views from the Mission

Taking a cue (if not demand) from Tugboat Dave in New Orleans, I'll try to post some photos of my corner of the Mission District from time to time. (Dave is chronicling his great neighborhood in N.O. if you've not seen it.) I'll try to refrain from the usual mural shots unless they're especially unusual. So I'm out on the streets on my enormous tricycle that's a bit dorky looking but addresses my balancing issues. I tried to nab some shots last night just as it was getting to dark. One of the things you often see is a variety of "classic cars" such as this Bel Air that I spotted in a technically marred shot, but I kind of like the light swirls that add the appropriate mystery. I could get into classic cars were they owned by better looking guys. Sadly, they tend to be driven mutten chopped chubsters. I could go for them if driven by svelte dark-haired furball guys under 5'9". Well, I can generally go for svelte dark-haired furball guys under 5'9' regardless what they drive, even tricycles.


In case you just can't wait for more photos, there is always episode 2 of this season of Junk Thief TV.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Wow, and here I thought you were kidding about the tricycle before. Can we see a picture of that?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Oh, I would, but I'm afraid it would destroy the myth of me being the coolest dude in San Francisco.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Au contraire, I think it would remove your coolness from the realm of myth forever and make it an indisputable fact.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger mrpeenee said...

I'm with Dave.

Also, if you hadn't described the shot as technically marred, I would've thought you did on purpose. On arty purpose. I think it's cool.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Mr. Peenee - I am on the verge of going from cool to uber cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home