Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Putin on the Ritz

The transfer of power in Moscow today was described as having Czarist splendor, religious blessings and no moldy cabbage. Russian leaders keep getting younger and better looking, a far cry from the chubby bald men I recall from my youth, though even they did not scare me away from the erotic dance of the hammer and sickle. Andy Warhol caught onto that appeal too in what I consider his greatest series and one of his least remembered works. (See below.)

I'm just glad to see Russia is getting glam again, and surely it's just a matter of time before the royal family is reinstated (I'm a distant 18th cousin, by the way).

Regardless of what you think of their politics, aren't Vladimir and W a fetching pair enacting "I Want to Hold Your Hand"?










Medvedev makes me think of what Dondi would have grown up to look like. That's not a bad thing, though readers here know that I preferred Sluggo over Dondi.

Now that Vladimir is making a career change, I sure hope he doesn't join a think tank or academia and instead pursues a career as an action hero movie star. I also think he's destined to play the lead in the FOX Network bio-pic The Daniel Craig Story. Any suggestions for the casting of Kate Moss? After making a few big budget flicks, I predict he'll ultimately become Governor of California.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Thank goodness for blogs or I would have no idea what was happening in the world.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gary - Between blogs and The Daily Show, The New York Times is shaking in its boots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home