Friday, October 19, 2007

How to Solve Illegal Immigration

I’ve made a vow not to post more than 3-4 YouTube videos a month on this blog unless they are ones that I create. I consider it to be lazy blogging or mimicking a sloth to just keep zapping the “post it” button on YouTube and sharing it with everyone.

But the new episode of The Pinky Show merits being posted here. After an absence of more than two months, Pinky is back and brings in her wise friend Daisy to provide the most intelligent analysis I’ve seen to date on the immigration “debate”. What a pathetic commentary on contemporary journalism that a cartoon cat has far more intelligent insight on this issue than CNN, the New York Times and The Nation combined. Too much of the media thinks that balanced news or a debate means bringing in opposing sides to scream at each other. Sometimes you do need an analysis like this with a decided slant to move true discourse and understanding forward.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Gavin Elster said...

Yep youtube has turned me into the laziest blogger in town.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Gavin - I wouldn't categorize you in the blog-sloth group. You have an uncanny ability to mine the most wonderfully weird and obscure stuff out there on YouTube. I was referring to the sloth-like kids who post the same stuff that's on a zillion websites with "This is awesome, man" or "LOL" comments. LOL really sets me off.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger WAT said...

LOLOLOL!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - Awesome, MAN!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

pinky & daisy are two of the wisest cats I've ever come across! although he wasn't purposely setting out to explain the concept of hegemony, daisy's take on the "immigrant 'debate'" was one of the most brilliant descriptive examples I've ever seen presented.

fantastic analysis of the issue! perhaps the dems will draft daisy for president! oh that won't work intellectuals never really make it. what's that expression about the country gets the president it deserves....

thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm gotta check out more of the pinky show. this is just awesome man!

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Kimy - Yes, in a perfect world Daisy would be our leader. When I first came across Pinky, I thought it was going to be just another silly little cartoon satire. But each episode is incredibly thoughtful, well researched, grounded in facts and makes complex issues clear if not simple. The use of humor is actually minimal, though I did snicker when Daisy made the little jab at dogs. I'm clearly a cat person. I gave up on South Park and its fecal humor long ago, but Pinky is my hero.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jay said...

What an excellent service you provide.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Joy Keaton said...

All I could do was nod my head and exclaim "YES!" It's a nice switch to hear someone talk about the realities of how this country began, even if it's a cartoon kitty. The dog jab gave me a giggle too (even though I'm a dog person).

Thanks for posting this!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger WAT said...

While I totally get what Pinky and Gary are saying, try and convince the racist ones who oppose of this!

FAT CHANCE!

The hatred is real and ugly. I've watched me several Minutemen vids that I may post on my blog soon.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Awesome. Linked. Credited.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home