Sunday, July 06, 2008

Junk Thief - Without Lines or Puffiness

Hard as it may be for our younger readers to believe, once Junk Thief was not the grizzled, obese old troll that you now see on this site. He was once a perky young sprite (having earlier been a perky young sprout). As we sort through hours of archive video from the late 1980s and early 1990s, we thought we'd post this little clip from November 1989, nearly 20 years ago, in which Junk Thief gives a demonstration of the audio equipment on his then cutting edge Hi-8 Sony videocam. This is surely the most riveting 67 seconds ever committed to video. It will likely show up in the extras on the five disc Criterion release Junk Thief: The Early Years.

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Riveting? Oh yes. I was riveted by your hair alone.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Gary said...

That is great! Thanks for sharing. You really are cutting edge aren't you (and oh so cute).

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Salty Miss Jill said...

Fuckety fuck fuck...I need a computer where I can watch videos.
"Grizzled, obese old troll"? That's crazy talk.You don't know the depths of your
handsomeness. ;)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger mouse (aka kimy) said...

pure cuteness!!!!!

riveted indeed.

trolls are very cute too.

last night I was being teased about my 'troll feet' - good for stomping grapes!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Dave - Amazing what $8 and Super Cuts can do.

Gary - I was ahead of my time.

Salty - Language, young lady, language. This is a fucking family site.

Mouse - I'm the cutest one under the bridge.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger rich bachelor said...

Gee, was the audio always as completely un-synced up as that?

And; you look far better now. You had forehead issues in those days, if I may say so.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Rich - The audio was synced correctly and got scrambled in translation. I'll correct it once I sign that contract with Criterion. Forehead issues? I thought it was just the bad '80s hair.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger WAT said...

OH.
MY.
GOD.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

WAT - I got the same reactions back then too.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger jason said...

A perky young sprite talking about giant squirrels?
Riveting indeed!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Jason - Squirrels are a sprite's best friend.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger r. said...

So you were already video-blogging at that tender age? Nice! Love the video. Wait a minute... Where you even wearing pants?!? Owait, you were! :-)

Well you looked great then, you look great now! So there! xoxo

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Robert - And I look great without my pants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home